Project Title: Improve the quality of services provided by the libraries
Lead Applicant: ''Goris Development Centre'' NGO
Co-Applicant: ''New Horizons'' NGO
Co-Applicant: Women’s Development “Resource Centre” Foundation
Aim of the project
Improve the quality of services provided by the Local Self-Government Bodies (LSBs) in 5 consolidated communities of Syunik region through the public participation and use of Information Technology (IT) opportunities.
Target groups and beneficiaries
- 20 youth activist groups, 10 young people in each of them, in total 200 persons
- 30 educational institutions: Goris State University, 2 colleges, 27 schools
- 5 LSBs: 5 heads of communities, 55 members of City Council, 25 specialists of library staff, Governor’s office of Syunik marz, Governor (marzpet), Deputy on LSBs, Deputy on Education.
- 5500 Pupils
- 450 Students
- 500 Teachers
- 2000 specialists
- 75 Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- 2500 women
- 800 people with disabilities (PwD).
- Mobilization and capacity building of young people and other stakeholders.
- Trainings with youth active groups.
- Introduction of "interactive e-library" model in 5 consolidated communities of Syunik region.
- Web portal development through active group, which will use the model.
- Public awareness events about the new library service to ensure communication between community and library.
- Media, social media publications to activate and inform the citizens about the use and the services provided by LSBs.
- Trainings for library staff, different workshops.
- Book donation campaigns in communities and in online platform.
- Collaboration policies between libraries using IT capabilities.
Expected outcome and positive change brought by the project
- Allow community members to access the new library service.
- Interactive e-library model investment, including community members.
- Increase in the contribution of LSBs to the library management system.
- Changing the role of libraries: They become now unique information centres.